GCC Summit 2005 notes
For official info, see gccsummit.org
See diary.txt for now
Getting to the GCC Summit
Assuming you're flying in from out of town, and staying at the conference hotel:
- Arrive Ottawa airport (code: YOW) (see ground transportation info)
- Have CDN$ 2.60 handy for bus fare. (Advice from Matthew Wilcox:
don't rent a car, parking sucks, and it's much more expensive.
It's best to take the OC Transpo bus, and it's much easier
to buy bus tickets since you get change. Buy 4 tickets; 2 to get you
downtown, and 2 back. It'll cost you $3.60 total.)
- Board OC Transpo bus #97 at post 14 outside the level 1 Arrivals area.
- Exit bus at Mackenzie King Transitway station (at Centre Rideau); see walking map.
(Advice from Matthew Wilcox: don't try to go through the Rideau Centre; you'll get lost. Walk back
the way the bus came and go down the steps from the bridge to Nicholas.)
- Walk about one block north and two blocks east to Les Suites, 130 Besserer St. 1-800-267-1989;
- The registration desk will be open from 14h00-18h30 Tuesday
on the Capital Hall Level (Lowest Level) of the
Ottawa Congress Centre
If you are staying at
Les Suites all you need to do to get there is exit the front doors of the
hotel and turn left, cross the road towards the Rideau Centre and turn
Left, then take your first right which will go under the building. The
entrance to the Capital Hall will be on the left side (Opposite the Westin
Hotel, if you're in the Westin there is a sky-bridge to the Congress
Don't forget the unofficial Tuesday night get-together
(7PM-?) at the Auld Dubliner Pour House, 62 William St.,
corner of William St. and George St., about two blocks
north of Les Suites. Directions from Les Suites:
Walk out the front door of Les Suites onto Dalhousie. Follow Dalhousie
until George St. and take a left. Continue until you come to William
St. The Pour House is upstairs on the 2nd floor of the Dubliner Pub.
You can't miss it.
See also GCC Summit 2004 notes and
GCC Summit 2006 notes