HPV Public Service Announcements
The more people know about HPV, the more they'll want to vaccinate
themselves and their kids... but you can't hammer them over the heads
with a bunch of scientific studies. Here are a few attempts
at producing public announcements to raise awareness of the issue
and encourage vaccination.
Videos for girls/women by countries with free HPV vaccination programs
- Australia: Just a Minute - Cervical Cancer video - 7 minute video by the West Australia Cancer Council. Starts off with a warning saying it may not be suitable for all audiences.
- Canada: Access HPV - educational video for 6th and 9th grade girls in British Columbia
- England: 21 seconds spot - "Let's all arm against cervical cancer" - hundreds of girls link arms
- England: 53 second spot from NHS Leeds about HPV vaccination, ends asking you to call your doctor or the national health service office for more info.
- Malasia: 32 second spot - "Don't let your dreams of a happy family slip away"
- Scotland: 28 second spot
- United States: 1-2-3 Pap - 13 minute video by
University of Kentucky that was found to double completion rate
PSAs by nonprofits
PSAs by individuals
Commercials sponsored by medical industry
commercial - 51 seconds. Ends with "One less. Gardasil. Ask your
- HPV Stories
one PSA with 9 survivors of cervical cancer, ending with "That's why important for women to talk with their doctor about HPV and cervical cancer".
Also one video for each of the 9 women.
By thegcf.org and Merck.
- Change the Story
of Cervical Cancer - 2:26. From theHPVtest.com. Ends with "Under 30:
get a pap. Over 30: get a pap and an HPV test."
Microsites about HPV run by nonprofits
Copyright 2012, 2013 Dan Kegel
Back to "HPV-related cancer prevention and treatment"